Monthly Networking Meetings
The Association for Consulting Expertise offers members and non-members an opportunity to network with other professionals, and hear from speakers on current business and community issues that affect our independent businesses. "Roundtable" discussions immediately follow the program, and are an opportunity to both highlight our members’ expertise and learn from our membership on topics that can help build and strengthen our individual practices. View our meeting schedule for more information and directions.
Members get an extensive individual profile page on the ACE website where they can describe their practice and background. They can update their ACE member profile information at any time, and include categories in which they wish to be included for possible referrals. Organizations seeking consultants and service providers are able to search the directory for members’ areas of expertise.
Many of our ACE members have years of experience starting, growing, and running a successful and thriving practice. Some of them are willing to volunteer their time to advise newer entrepreneurs or service providers who may be stepping into the field or changing their area of focus. When you join ACE, you can take advantage of the opportunity to meet with a seasoned professional. Ask our membership committee for assistance with an introduction.
Referral Resource CenterFrom time to time, we receive requests for consultants and service providers through the ACE Referral Resource Center. Those requests are passed on to the membership to respond if their qualifications fit the request.
Social Media GroupsMembers are invited to join ACE on ACE’s social media channels. Joining allows them to find and contact other ACE members.The goal of the Facebook and LinkedIn groups is to help members:
- Reach other members of ACE
- Seek and share referrals to and from ACE members
- Learn more about other members through their professional profiles
- Share their own pages, events and links (by following group guidelines)
Highlighting Members’ Expertise
ACE provides opportunities to showcase and highlight the expertise of our members. As a member of ACE, you have the opportunity to:
- Showcase your books, articles, and publications on the ACE website, Facebook and Linked In. Periodically, we highlight “Authors of ACE” at the monthly meeting.
- Write articles to be published on ACE’s blog, newsletter, and social media channels.
- Lead a Roundtable discussion at a monthly meeting to share an area of expertise with the membership.
- Get published in Mainebiz. We maintain the column "Ask ACE" in Mainebiz, and have member editors to help you get your article publication-ready.
Training and Expertise to Help You Grow Your Business
ACE offers educational webinars, seminars, and workshops led by successful, seasoned consultants and professionals.
Speakers for Meetings or Events
ACE members who speak professionally can list their speaking topics on the ACE Speakers page on the website. Organizations who are looking for speakers can search the ACE directory to identify speakers who will fill their needs. They can also contact ACE directly for recommendations.
More Special Benefits
- You are entitled to a free subscription to Mainebiz.
- Members can edit your article to get it publication-ready for Mainebiz or other media outlets
- ACE is a member of the Portland Regional Chamber of Commerce, Southern Midcoast Maine Chamber, and the Lewiston Auburn Metropolitan Chamber, and you are able to register as a Chamber member (under the ACE name) to attend Chamber events.
- Templates for your use, including proposal, contract, and letters of interest, are available to download from the ACE website.
- Discounts are available to ACE meetings, seminars, events, and ACE webinars are free for members.
- You may build your brand awareness and assist your community by volunteering to consult pro bono upon request.
- You have access to the exclusive ACE Audio and Video Library and can download past meeting videos, podcasts, and webinars.