THREE EASY PIECES: Contracts for Consultants and Freelancers
This program will teach you:
The basic contract principles you need to keep in the back of your mind when preparing and reviewing contracts.
How to break your contracts into "Three Easy Pieces:"
- Your cover letter
- Your proposal/scope of work
- Your standard business terms
How to use S.M.A.R.T. principles to prepare your proposal
What you need to look for when your client wants to use its own contract forms.
There is no charge for ACE members and a small charge for non-members. Please register to receive login details.
About our Speaker:
Carrie Green Yardley, a graduate of Wesleyan University and Boston University School of Law, is a founding member of Yardley Esq. PLLC, which focuses on small business, succession planning, and related estate planning. She practiced as a commercial litigator for 20 years, ran a small food business for eight, and after a successful tour through the CPA exams opened Yardley Esq, PLLC. The firm has offices in Yarmouth, Portland and Biddeford.
PREPARATION FOR THE WEBINAR:
You will be sent a link to access the webinar via email. Please plan to setup 10 minutes prior to the start.
1. Attendees will be muted. No webcams necessary. You can use the Q&A or Chat function to ask questions. These questions may be held until the end.
2. If you are attending on a smartphone (Android or iPhone) or on a tablet, you will need to download the Zoom app before starting.
3. Please login a few minutes before the webinar to make sure you are connecting properly. Use an up-to-date browser such as Chrome or Firefox.